What are Supporting Documents?
Supporting Documents are basically, documents required by a university admissions team alongside your application, to help them better assess your application.
These documents provide additional information about you as an applicant, such as your academic history, qualification, work experience, etc.
Supporting documents include:
- Personal Statement (also called Statement of Purpose or an Essay): This is a write up about you that states why you want to study the curse you have chosen and why you should be given an offer to study the course. This essay/write up is really important and apart from your qualifications, forms an important basis for admissions. ESCC Education has a personal statement guide that we provide to our student; if you need help with this, please contact our knowledgeable student counselors to request this.
- Resume (also called Curriculum Vitae or CV)
- Academic Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation (academic and/or employment)
- Bio-data page of International Passport
- Exam scores reports/certificates (such as O’ levels, SAT, IELTS/TOEFL, GMAT/GRE etc.)
- Portfolio (sometimes requested if you are applying to an art and/or design course)
Institutions require supporting documents to be submitted with your application. They are then used to facilitate your application process. In certain cases, where all documents are not available, institutions may make exceptions and issue a conditional offer to you, while you provide the missing document at a later date. This however, is on a case by case basis. Therefore, let us know what documents you have available and those that are not ready, and our student counselor will advise you on whether your application may be considered as it is, by your university of choice.
Do you have more questions concerning your supporting documents?
Please talk to any of our student counselors.
Our student counselors can be reached on:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Telephone Numbers: 08026907287, 08086136790
We look forward to assisting you with your application process.